You would think coming off of a four day weekend, the only four day weekend I’ve had in a year, I would be bummed it was Monday. Guess What? I’m not! Monday’s are by far my favorite day of the week for work. It’s the day we go in and set the tone for the rest of the week. It’s the day we take a look at all we have to do an prioritize the week. It’s the day we make shit happen. I personally LOVE Mondays.
It is so easy to dread work. It’s so easy to dread getting out of bed early after a weekend of sleeping in. I admit it. I hit the snooze button today. Twice. But I was still up by 6am. That gave me an hour of “me” time before I have to wake the rest of the house up. I’ve already written in my Grateful journal, which if you don’t do I highly recommend, and my personal development time. But who am I kidding, I will be playing it in the background all day. And now, my writing time. I’ve decided today to tell you Monday are fine! It’s your attitude that sucks! 🙂 Just kidding. But it’s true.
Let’s talk a few minutes about your mindset. Mindset is just simply a set of assumptions, methods, or notations held by someone that is so established that it creates a powerful incentive within this person or people to continue to adopt or accept prior behaviors, choices, or tools. It filters information as you receive it and it determines how you react. It’s the sum of your knowledge, including your beliefs and thoughts about the world and you in it. It seriously limits you in life people. To change how your day goes, to change how your life goes, you must change your mindset. You must start thinking in a more positive way. You MUST believe it.
One may ask, how do I change my mind set? Here are a few things to get you going. Things that really really helped me when I needed a mindset change.
- You must find the positive in things. It is so easy to see the negative in everything. You can honestly find something wrong with every single thing if you look for it. But don’t! Look for the positive. It’s there. You can find.
- NO NEGATIVE SELF TALK! Most of us,especially women, struggle with this. Stop complaining about yourself or your present life situation. Stop saying it out loud and subconsciously. If you think it, your mind and body hears it. So stop!
- Take responsibility. Stop blaming others for your actions. Remember, you always have a choice whether to react or how you react.
- Don’t worry, Be Happy! Seriously though, worrying does nothing but steal your joy. Don’t create problems before they happen. If they do happen. Deal with them then.
- Stop expecting too much. Appreciate a moment for what it is.
- It won’t be easy, it’ll hurt. But it will be worth it. Don’t take the easy way. Don’t avoid the bumps in the road. Those bumps shape us. They strengthen us. You need these real life experiences.
- Learn something new every single day. Ever stop learning. Never stop growing.
- Live for today. Whatever happened yesterday is over. Good or bad. So make today worth living.
Moral of the story: If you hate Mondays but don’t want to, change your mindset!
Thanks for reading.